Salesforce's Customer Data Platforms, also known as CDPs, allow marketing organisations to have a single and complete source of truth around their customer data. In this blog, we unpick key details on these features and how, as Salesforce Consulting Partners, we can help you to take advantage of Salesforce's key features.
CDPs are the hottest ticket in martech
Formerly known as Customer 360 Audiences, Salesforce re-launched Customer Data Platforms to help brands bring all their customer data under one roof, using versatile data ingestion services that connect with all data sources in your stack. Salesforce CDP uses the same data platform as Salesforce Sales, Service and Commerce Clouds, which makes it easier to share data with those systems. By facilitating data ingestion from any other third-party systems, Salesforce brings the power of Mulesoft's industry-leading APIs.
Since its re-launch, Salesforce CDP has become a key feature within the martech industry for a number of reasons, including:
- Allowing organisations to combine their customer data under a single roof using versatile data ingestion services that connect with all data sources within a brand's stack
- Enabling brands to reconcile identities through a common ID that links all sources and provides a unified customer profile that can be used across the organisation's sales, services, marketing and e-commerce functions
- Helping orchestrate outbound marketing efforts at scale, managing frequency across channels and giving every interaction optimal relevance based on real-time user behaviour and connected data
Salesforce's Interaction Studio
Within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, CDP functionality is represented through another tool, Interaction Studio. It enables marketers to react to the real-time behaviour of consumers, interacting with on- and offline owned channels - the ultimate iteration of technology looking to materialise the mantra of getting 'the right message, to the right person, at the right time'.
Interaction Studio offers marketers three crucial features:
- Real-time offer management: Interaction Studio is able to suggest the 'next best offer' based on how consumers are behaving on a company's owned channels
- Campaign orchestration: Interaction Studio's decision engine allows the control of campaigns at scale, managing frequency caps and business rules to ensure each offer is relevant and avoids contact fatigue
- Lifecycle insights: Akin to some of the features the CDP provides, Interaction Studio grants marketers access to advanced analytics and visualisation that show a unified customer profile, including interactions with diverse touchpoints and an understanding of how consumers move across lifecycle stages.
Interested in learning more about Salesforce CDP or Interaction Studio? Trailhead, Salesforce's educational portal, has a wealth of courses teaching the basics on these sophisticated platforms.
How can Serpico by Croud help?
Using Serpico by Croud's unique value proposition, armed with Interaction Studio-accredited professionals within the Croudie Network, we are able to do the heavy-lifting that comes with making the most of a sophisticated tool such as Interaction Studio, leaving marketers with time to focus on the ideation and strategy. Some of the key areas of support we provide for our clients include:
- Offer management: 1:1 marketing necessarily requires a plethora of offers. Our Interaction Studio experts can work closely with your creative teams to ensure as much content as possible is available to Interaction Studio, realising your ability to truly provide the 'next best offer' to your customers and visitors
- Campaign & recipe consulting: Our marketing experts and data scientists can help you find the right combination of filtering criteria and contact touchpoints to maximise relevancy, optimise messaging frequency and boost Interaction Studio's ROI.
To find out more about Salesforce's Customer Data Platforms and Interaction Studio, and how Serpico by Croud can help support you, get in touch.